Thursday 25 July 2013

Part one - Reflection on Assessment Criteria

Reflection on Assessment Criteria

I definitely need to get more organised - I'm very sorry for the many delays with this Project.

  • Demonstration of Technical and Visual Skills materials, techniques, observational skills, visual awareness, design and compositional skills
I think I definitely need a lot more practice with charcoal, pastels and the dip pen. I think I am okay with pencil and pens, and techniques such as hatching and crosshatching. I struggled in the texture project, but managed to convey the texture quite well in the assignment, so I hope I'm getting better at that!

I think my observational skills are okay, I find the reflected light and shadow drawings interesting and not too confusing on the whole, but when the light merges too much I find it quite difficult to tell where it is coming from.

I think my compositions have been quite ok in the projects so far... I think the layout I choose is good generally but I am not very good at making the arrangement of objects fill the page enough. There was quite a lot of blank paper in the second drawing of my assignment so I should've drawn the objects a bit bigger to fill more space.

  • Quality of Outcome content, application of knowledge, presentation of work in a coherent manner, discernment, conceptualisation of thoughts, communication of ideas
I think the quality of my drawings has been quite varied. I think my drawings for the texture project were not very good, but I was very pleased with the finished product in the assignment and in the still life project.

I am not very good at planning, I'm not sure if this is due to time restrictions though - I think I need to do more preliminary sketches for most of the projects, but when I managed to find time for the exercises I always ended up rushing a bit too much.

  • Demonstration of Creativity imagination, experimentation, invention, development of a personal voice
I have never been good at experimenting with materials and tools but I think that this first part of the course has really helped me with that. I still need a lot of practice with the things that are new to me but I am finding the exercises very useful and mostly using the tools and materials correctly although not very successfully sometimes.

  • Context reflection, research, critical thinking (learning log)
I think I ramble too much in my log and notes, but I am finding the reflection helpful. I'm not always exactly sure what to research about an artist in the research points, but I find the research useful anyway, so hopefully I'm not doing it wrong! I think I have identified my main weaknesses and I am sure the feedback from this part will help me improve a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment