Tuesday 19 November 2013

Part two - Reflection

Development of Technical and Visual Skills
I think that my technique has improved a lot in this section. I have found that I am drawing quite a lot quicker and with less hesitation. I think that I am much better with certain materials now; I am a lot more confident with the markers and oil pastels, which I had not used before. I think my compositions are fairly bland sometimes though, and I need to experiment with having some objects being cut off the page.

Quality of Outcome
I am pleased with all of my work in this section apart from the sketches of animals. I found that really difficult and thought the drawings for that section were quite poor. There were maybe 2 drawings in the whole of that exercise that I thought were decent.
I thought that the drawings in marker pens were quite good, both the fish and the flowers, I was very pleased with those. I also liked the graininess of the oil pastel pictures.

Demonstration of Creativity
I tried to experiment with mixing media - e.g. I mixed oil pastels with coloured pencils, and markers with coloured pencils. I think those experiments were mostly successful, but I was quite worried about the markers because some of them have ended up a bit dirty.

Context
I had to do the first two check & log and research points together because I somehow missed the first one. I am quite bad at remembering to add things to my learning log, but I think that I managed to make quite good notes in this section of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment